Friday, March 14, 2008

A typical Friday night.






Friday nights are rather unique at our house compared to other nights. Homework is a dirty word and is put off until later in the weekend. The girls are each doing something they want to do. Tonight Jacquie is making a banner for tomorrow's girl's high school soccer game. This is the first game of the season. Jacquie has been playing soccer for the last 11 years. She is the keeper (goalie) for the JV team. She has been practicing hard for the last several weeks and I know she is excited. We've had great weather all week so the outdoor practices have been tolerable. Unfortunately, tomorrow will be in the 30's. Possible snow. It could be worse. We could be living in Antarctica.





Grace is spending her Friday night babysitting. A Bruce Springsteen concert is in town and one of her clients is attending. She does a great job watching and playing with kids. Hardly a weekend goes by where she doesn't have a babysitting job. It could be a late night for Tricia and I as we will wait up for her.






Caroline is in the kitchen trying to expand my waist-line. She is making chocolate chip cookies. Is there anything better than hot chocolate chip cookies at 10:30 pm? Maybe hot oatmeal raisin. Last week she made some creme puffs that would make anyone with a sweet tooth weep. I did. They were beautiful and they tasted as good as they looked. I wish I would have taken a picture. I think I just gained another pound thinking about them.






Elisabeth has spent most of the evening on the computer. She loves playing solitare and looking at family pictures. She's planning on cheering for Jacquie in the sleet/ rain / blizzard? She loves hanging out and is usually up for anything. She's taught herself to not be ticklish and she loves to prove it to her dad. I'm often challenged to test her new found skill.


1 comment:

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

When Bethany and I were dating, I told her the sure-fire way to make a diamond ring appear on her finger: bake me some homemade chocolate chip cookies. The rest is history.

Fridays at your house sound like a lot of fun. There's never a dull moment is there?!